Wednesday 30 June 2010

Go on... Brush your shoulders off...

I'd like to pretend I could own Annaliese in a fight, but in all honesty... she could probably kick my trash... any day of the week.

Amy and Mila went to cooking group this morning and I decided to stay behind to work out, shower, and study. I was home alone and just sitting down in the computer room to jot some thoughts down when I heard a crash in the other room. My first thought was “Some clumsy British Burglar just broke in”! Then my next reaction was to grab my empty coke zero can (for protection) and cautiously search the house. What was I hoping to do?! Distract him by throwing the can at him and then run off?! Some great fighter I’d make!

Which leads me down memory lane to my first and only real physical fight. While attending BYUI, I had no life other than my studies…until my second semester when I moved in with some semi-wild ladies. They went through a phase where they LOVED fight nights. Now, fight nights are nights when a bunch of BYUI students meet up in a dimly lighted basement to box (in my opinion) out their sexual frustration. I had no life and no other friends, so I would tag along with my roommates to these events. One night there was an especially large crowed of spectators in a much too stuffy basement, watching the fights. My roommates and their friends somehow got it into their heads that it would be an awesome idea for me to box. Being deprived of attention and a social life, I gave into their raving chants…”Gretchen! Gretchen! Gretchen!” So I walked out, tight button-up shirt, jeans, and all, into the middle of the ring of sweaty people to wait and see who would have the guts to box my intimidatingly athletic self. To my surprise … and horror, I looked over and saw the infamous BYUI She-man step out into the ring and put on her gloves (which she probably brought with her to these special occasions). I looked over at my supposed friends, who all gave me worried smiles and thumbs up. “Maybe she’s not as tough as she looks”, I thought. Wrong. I didn’t even get a punch in. Her punches were an endless buffet of pain. I made it to the bell of the first round. I had gotten royally spanked. I wasn’t intending to enjoy another spanking, so I quickly retired from my boxing career. We left soon after.


No comments:

Post a Comment