Wednesday 30 June 2010

Honesty

I've been trying to decide whether to put some of my real thoughts down on this sight or whether just to put funny traveling experiences. I'm sure the funny traveling stories will come in plenty and I will write them on occasion. But this blog is a waste of time if that is all I do. So here is my first of, I'm sure many, things written that are important to me. They are thoughts that can be debated and scrutinized and I hope they are because I love people challenging what I think. It brings new perspective. I also am doing this because... let's get real... not many people are going to see this thing :)
I'm a big believer in that thought by C.S. Lewis in "The Great Divorce" about Heaven and Hell working backward. I've seen it happen in my life through experiencing both, the Atonement and sin (I use the word sin as a turning from God and not choosing to love His children... not this fire and damnation stuff and runs around Christian doctrine like a chicken with its head cut off). When we are completely present in God, it is as if everything in life had been worth it up to that point, especially our mistakes. And when we are in our sin, in the heat of despair, nothing seems to have been worth it in life. There is a complete lack of hope. This brought me to the thought of what people refer to as Judgement Day. Will this be a day of Awareness? A day when we are completely awakened and made present to either joy or despair? For the Joyous, will it be a complete awakening to the serenity of their sincere desire for God and to love His children? And for the despairing, will they become present for the pain of the awareness of how much they wasted - talent, love, relationships, growth, potential, authenticity, time? I think for the despairing, it will be like throwing open the curtains on a bright afternoon and pouring water on someone who has slept the morning away. They have wasted the day and slept through the hope of the morning. The Son and Living Water have awakened them, but to what? Can they be saved even then?

No comments:

Post a Comment