Saturday 21 August 2010

Gorgeous places with Puppy and Bunny

These are some of my favorite pictures from the best cruise of my life. I loved sharing so many amazing moments with Bucc and Pup.

This is right after Peej and I met up in Barcelona and right before we went out for the night. That was hands down one of the best nights of my life. It was my first time seeing PJ in a couple of months so we went out at midnight into the middle of the city. First we went to a Jazz club .... that was incredible ... then we grabbed a bite to eat where our waiter creepily knew PJ's name, and then went clubbing for a while. We got back to the hotel around 2:30 and didn't get to sleep till 4 cause we were talking and laughing about anything and everything.
This is the best vegan restaurant/juice bar ever.
A door in Malta. They had the most beautiful doors there.
One of the many 70's looking buses found in Malta.
The Blue Grotto.
The Blue Grotto.
Boats near the Blue Grotto.
Birds in Malta.
A Door in Malta.
Another Door in Malta.
Malta from the Ship.
Africa! It was so good to be back around Muslims and Arabic again... where most people didn't get off the ship because they felt threatened, I felt like I was coming home. I miss that culture.
The Blue City ...
We found this area that was completely empty and gorgeous.
In this hidden area, was a house built by a man that was one of the instigators of the Cairo Convention. I was so excited because I learned about the Cairo Convention from my Islam Class in Israel. I guess more stuck than the Handbali rhyme we made up right before the test. The house was gorgeous and has been the home of intimate concerts for decades.
Gorgeous Blue doors.
More Gorgeous Blue Doors.
In Rome we didn't see one main sight. We DID search for a bathroom for a good 45 minutes, crash an Italian birthday party, and have Autumn set off an alarm to an Embassy building. Who needs sights?
And we found this beautiful little church on a side street.
Sunset from the boat.
It was raining in La Spezia the day we were there.
A boat in the rain.
A couple in the rain.
Trooper in the rain.
Everyone had these sweet colorful umbrellas.
Bucc on our rainy adventure.
A lone bench in the rain.
The church where I met Luigi. I wandered off alone into this church and noticed a guy staring at me. He approached me a few minutes later, asked me out for drinks, spoke very close to my face, and kissed me on the cheek. After he kissed me on the cheek and pulled away, I was like, "oh... what the heck...", so I grabbed his face and kissed him. I kissed a sexy Italian guy in an old Italian Church. Check.
The town next to La Spezia where we had our rain adventures.
Dusk after rain in Italy.
A french man looking over his bill while puffin on his cigar.
Corsica.
Us. A man contemplating on the beach in Corsica. I love this shot.
A child playing on the beach in Corsica.
Fireworks over Corsica celebrating Napoleon's birthday.
"So let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the South of France... lets get rich and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants. You and I.. You and I"
It's not the shirtless man that makes this shot great, it's.... never mind... it's the shirtless man that makes it great.
A shot in the Hotel found in the medieval village at the top of the hill in Eze, France.
A bench in the church in Eze.
Bucc, Puppy, and my watches that we bought in Eze.
This Medieval village was one of the coolest places I've ever seen. It was gorgeous and so fun.

1 comment:

  1. gretchen.
    love this blog.
    your pictures are gorgeous.
    keep posting. thanks.

    oh and p.s. love the song.

    ReplyDelete